Lisa Ling has praised Meghan, Duchess of Sussex as a "bright and compelling conversationalist."
The 49-year-old journalist sat down with the former 'Suits' actress - who was once regarded as Meghan Markle earlier than marrying Prince Harry in 2018 - for an interview on her 'Archetypes' podcast and later took to social media to heap reward on the duchess, who stepped down from royal obligations alongside with her husband in 2020.
Alongside an image of herself, her daughter Jett Ling and Meghan herself, Lisa wrote on Instagram: "So loved speakme to Meghan Markle for her podcast #Archetypes. She is such a brilliant and compelling conversationalist and I hope humans take the time to get to know her beyond the frequently insidious headlines. @spotifypodcasts."
During the episode - which used to be the first to be released when you consider that the death of Queen Elizabeth, who died in September at the age of ninety six following a 70-year reign - the pair were joined via comedienne Margaret Cho, and the trio mentioned Asian illustration in the media, with Lisa revealing that it used to be the lack of it that inspired her to take up a career in journalism.



She said: "To be straightforward with you, the motive why I pursued broadcast journalism at all was once due to the fact growing up, it is the only path that I idea was reachable to me. I used to be any individual who grew up in a damaged home. My parents had been divorced when I was once seven, and the tv was once usually on in my home. It was like my favourite babysitter. And I used to have these fantasies of being part of it somehow, because I thought, if I can get on TV, perhaps I will have a better lifestyles one day. But no one looked remotely like me on TV besides for Connie Chung.
"She nonetheless is simply the image of elegance and intelligence and grace. And she definitely allowed me to be aware of what was possible. She was the solely Asian character on a countrywide stage. And so I idea that this would be my solely pathway."

@royaldailynew Prince Harry to have 'very quiet' 38th birthday today as family mourns Queen. #princeharry #queenelizabeth #royalfamily ♬ Happy & Pop songs - PeriTune


Tags: Queen, Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince Louis, Prince William and Kate Middleton, Prince Charles, Prince Harry, Meghan, Lilibet


Make positive you in no way leave out a ROYAL story! Sign up to our e-newsletter to get all of our celebrity, royal and life-style information delivered at once to your inbox.