Still at odds. After years of public drama, Samantha Markle filed a lawsuit against half-sister Meghan Markle, alleging the Duchess lied throughout her 2021 tell-all interview with husband Prince Harry.
The sisters’ tumultuous relationship in the beginning made headlines ahead of Meghan and Harry’s wedding ceremony in May 2018. Two years later, the couple introduced that they have been stepping again from their responsibilities as working participants of the royal family. In February 2021, they tested their decision to now not return to their senior roles.


Meghan and Harry, who moved to California following their royal exit, addressed their principal existence trade for the duration of a CBS sitdown one month later. During the interview, the California native said, “I grieve a lot. I mean, I’ve lost my father. I misplaced a baby. I almost misplaced my name. I mean, there’s the loss of identity.”
Samantha, who has beforehand been outspoken about Meghan at some point of her royal tenure, claimed in her March 2022 lawsuit that her younger sibling was now not being sincere when discussing her previous or their father, Thomas Markle. In court docket archives acquired by Us Weekly at the time, the Diary of Princess Pushy’s Sister author alleged that Meghan made up memories about growing up in “virtual poverty.”



Meghan, who shares son Archie and daughter Lili with her husband, claimed during her CBS interview that she used to be by no means close with Samantha. “I grew up as an only child, which absolutely everyone who grew up around me knows, and I wished I had siblings. I would have loved to have had siblings,” she stated in March 2021, noting that she had not considered her half-sister in “at least 18, 19 years.”
The Suits alum additionally questioned why Samantha modified her closing name, saying, “[She] changed her final title again to Markle in her early 50s … only when I commenced dating Harry. So, I suppose that says enough.”


Tags: Queen, Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince Louis, Prince William and Kate Middleton, Prince Charles, Prince Harry, Meghan, Lilibet


Make positive you in no way leave out a ROYAL story! Sign up to our e-newsletter to get all of our celebrity, royal and life-style information delivered at once to your inbox.